"To be the First in Service Delivery."
"To manage the Nation's finances in an open, transparent, accountable and efficient manner that delivers on the country's development priorities."
The Ministry's principal goals and operational targets are:
- a stable economy and a good standard of living;
- long-term treasury equilibrium;
- an economical and efficient tax environment;
- responsible and performance oriented management of state finances;
- transparent government operations and an effective organisational structure;
- State employment of staff of the highest quality, who operate in a conducive work environment;
- delivery by the Ministry of a reliable service with the emphasis on professional work.
Staff show initiative in their work. This promotes innovation, open discussion and a progressive and flexible work environment. We emphasise commitment and broadmindedness and are ready to respond promptly to changing circumstances.
Staff employ trustworthy and reliable work procedures, creating a climate of trust in all operational fields. This is based principally on co-operation and the unrestricted flow of information between members of staff. Through the acquisition of knowledge, more systematic staff development and powerful information systems, we promote professionalism and quality.
Staff attach great importance to efficiency and purpose in their work in order to attain maximum performance. To this end, we set clear targets and provide well-defined work schedules, followed by performance measurement and staff appraisals.