The General Services Department is one of the service Departments in the Ministry; it was established in the year 2014. The Department has two Divisions, the General Services Division and the Maintenance Division.
To give efficient and effective support services to other Departments/Units in the Ministry to enhance the performance of their duties and the achievement of the corporate vision of the Ministry.
To ensure timely, accessible, cost effective and quality services in the most friendly manner.
FUNCTIONS OF THE DEPARTMENT
- Maintenance Division:
- Management of all the facilities within the office complex
- Management of Plants and Equipment including mini power station, fire hydrants, power generators, water system etc.
- Maintenance of office buildings
- Maintenance of security equipment within the office complex
- General Services Division:
- Transport Administration
- Utility Services
- Stores Management
- Security Services
- Cleaning of the Office Complex and Environment
- Allocation of Office accommodation
- General management of the office complex.