The responsibility for the release of statutory allocations as approved in the Appropriation Act as well as the management of Service Wide Votes and other duties as may be assigned by the Honourable Minister of Finance, falls on the Cash Management Department (CMD) of the Federal Ministry of Finance.
The Functions of the Department include:
- Processing and issuance of Warrants and AIEs.
- Preparation of Disbursement Plans for Government Expenditure.
- Effective management of Service Wide Votes.
- Analysis of approved budget
- Periodic reporting and reconciliation on Warrants and AIEs issued to MDAs
- Preparation of Cash Plan for Cash Management Committee
- Processing of contribution to Local and Foreign Organisations including counterpart fundings
- Proper record keeping of all releases to MDAs